After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Friday, September 01, 2006

The KKK took my baby away

Thank you Senator Byrd. I have seen the light. There are times when I am not completely cynical. These are the times that I am stupid. Fuck it all. Accountability. I couldn't believe a Dem would place the hold. I was wrong. I had really hoped that the taliban had become so overtly evil that there really would be a rise of good - like in the Stand. But, nobody is walking to Colorado. No-siree-bob. The party out of power just wants the spoils of power. Pigs at the trough.

Don't get me wrong, the taliban is evil and soulless. The alternative is superior. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. For me, I need to disengage from politics more. No more politics posts. More posts about my cat.

1 Comments:

Blogger TubaOnFire said...

I would disagree that there is any trend toward more accountability. As the electorate gets more partisan, there is less of a chance of switching teams. It would greatly disappoint me, but not surprise me if there were few real changes in Congress in 2006. What taliban douches are sitting around going, yeah, my party has sent the country to the shitter, I better try the other one?

Politics has become this bizzare game of rallying the base, and getting the people who believe your story to the polls. It is a logistic challenge, not policy or ideas. In the effort it takes to convice one taliban to vote Dem, the taliban can dig up 5 people in the KKK who didn't vote last time.

The two party system is an abject failure. There is too much responsibility on the people and the media not being lazy idiots. I think a parlimentary system has a better chance.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home