After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Senator Blutarsky

Duke president Broadhead has announced that the Duke lacross team will be back next year. Apparently, they will be on double secret probation. Glad to hear that. Wouldn't want them to get out of control.

Apparently the players had to sign a mission statement. Google can not find a copy, which is too bad, because it must be hysterical. I guess without a mission statement, Duke undergraduates would assume it is OK to yell racial epithets at people and to threaten to skin black strippers. Glad the university cleared this up. An infraction could lead to a warning and community service. So, no burning crosses in anyone's front yard, or there could be a warning. And I mean it.

5 Comments:

Blogger TubaOnFire said...

We had a lacrosse team?

I think I can summarize my feelings on college sports in a few words "Hall of Justice" or one great story.

Remember Mike from SAE, I think that was his name - he was huge into hockey. Not as much as you, but he was at all the games, yelling and stuff. A big fan. He got into a fight (and lose badly, IIRC) with some clod on the hockey team a month or two before graduation. Said clod was then suspended for a few terms.

I think some of the ESPN articles captured the lacrosse thing pretty well. It is a fairly elite sport. I never knew that as we had it at my high school, but the college players generally come from the Andovers, Exceters, Choates, et al. So you have that privilege combined with athletic privledge and you know all these guys are in some frat, so you have a perfect storm of douchebaggary.

You know 100% of the Duke lacrosse team is republican.

9:06 AM  
Blogger TubaOnFire said...

Open letter to President Broadhead:

Dr. Broadhead,

You are a fucking moron.
Seriously.

T.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Find friends in your area [url=http://chukigek.blogspotcom]live chat[/url] & [url=http://hotbabess.blogspot.com]Hot Babes[/url]
EnBabes

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home