After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chickens

Josh nailed it with this one.

"I am a strong supporter of the First Amendment, the Fourth Amendment and civil liberties," Senator Pat Roberts (R-Kansas) remarked at yesterday's Hayden confirmation hearings, "but you have no civil liberties if you are dead." . . . First off is the sheer cowardice of it.

Give me liberty or give me Death You would think that some democrat would remember that quote. Patrick Henry gave a great speech. I is tragic that our leaders today have none of the eloquence or sack of our forefathers.

Cowards who live in fear. And fear is the worst thing of all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanilla Bullshit said...

Obama has the eloquence. But the media environment is different. Back then, it was groundbreaking to say "give me liberty or give me death." Today, that speech or its equivalent would be so much white noise.

I am reduced to the hope that there are people, who exist, like you and me that completely get it as far as the consequences of Democrats not being relentless, forceful, attacking. This current world is what happens. Nobody's going to protect the country if not people like us. That's a brutally painful lesson learned.

I do see evidence of candidates starting out at the ground levels who are kind of backlash Democrats. And I genuinely love the Dean strategy of hiring full-time staff in all 50 states. Fighting everywhere, even in Mississippi and Utah, sends a powerful message that the truth is the truth is the truth, no matter how long the odds are or how high the obstacles are. That has a universal call to human nature.

It will not happen overnight, but it drives me fucking crazy when the worthless Pelosi and her ilk attack Dean for spendng money that way. This IS a long haul battle. Conservatives had a long way to go in 1964, their nadir. As horrible as they are, they showed a willingness to build and build and build. Democrats have the issues and moral force on their ideological side. Now it's about finding men and women capable of living up to thise issues and morality.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home