After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Reader Poll

No this is not one of those things where I ask you how much you make, so I can advertise here. Tomorrow, I will be going to the Giants game with my entire company. So, there is a chance that I will see baseball history. It is one of those strange things. I am not quite sure how to feel. I don't like Barroid much, and this is a totally false accomplishment. But, these things don't happen every day. Do I root for it to happen while I am there? Do I boo? Turn my back? Throw the ball back if I catch it (won't happen - not in the bleachers).

Chuck K. is really great.

It is pretty sad that the greatest athletic achievment I have ever seen was false. Ben Johnson's race was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in sports. He crushed Carl Lewis the way an older brother beats on a younger one. Crushing him, but letting him know that he wasn't even going all out and it could have been much worse. Johnson had his hands up for the last 5 meters or so and could have turned around to mock Lewis some. Lewis, whose time set a world record. I don't know if Johnson's illegitimate time would still stand as the record, but I never need to see another 100M. Chuck hit this point really well with Barroid.

Is there any wonder why we are so cynical?

Oh, yeah, the poll. So what would you do?

1 Comments:

Blogger TubaOnFire said...

The blinders San Francisco has for him are amazing. I'll report how it goes. However, it is not a nothing moment in that (as Klosterman says) it captures our times so well.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home