After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Monday, April 17, 2006

I respectfully disagree with the Brits

In a bizarre coincidence, the Brits just voted a lyric of U2's One, their favorite lyric. Unfortunately, the Brits were wrong (kinda like Tony Blair with the whole Iraq thing). There are only 3 lyrics that can compete in any lyric contest:

1. "The heat was hot". (Horse with no name, America)
2. "I'd rather be in Tiajuana, eating barbequed iguana." (Mexican Radio, Wall of Voodo)
3. The enirety of Safety Dance.

Seriously, "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers" is total 11 year old diary time.

3 Comments:

Blogger TubaOnFire said...

I actually have a good One memory. It is not a bad song, but its not that good. Oddly enough my one moment involves you, Mr. Bullshit. I was in this Shakespeare class, where we had to put on these little 1-act plays in groups. In my group was this absolutely smoking woman. Well, she was in a band and they were playing their first gig at the Chameleon, I think. She asked me to go check it out. So when the two of us walk in, she is up there singing and totally makes eye contact and waves at me. This is while singing One.

Now, for some reason, I am a total idiot and did not stay there till the end of the show or set, but we left to go do something stupid in about an hour. Why I will never know.

8:45 AM  
Blogger TubaOnFire said...

Best Scott Poem:

Black !
Black !!!
BLACK !!!!!!!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger TubaOnFire said...

Dude, you were there. And she was not singing to me. She was fronting this band that was singing in the basement room of Thayer. We went by after a hockey game, I think. We then left to meet up with the rest of the folks to go do something stupid, most likely. We sat in the way back and listened for a few songs. They took a break, I think I talked to her for 5 min during their break and then we left.

This was junior year - spring, I think. I took two Shakespeare classes, dude. You can safely be assured of the fact that my skit sucked and that my role in the skit was to be the suckiest person.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home