After Magritte

This is not a blog

My Photo
Name:

We sold our souls for $300.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thank you ESPN.

The truth shall set you free. I am glad to see USC, Duke and Mississippi State have all seen the light. Hallelujah. Can I get an Amen?

College is about 1 thing. Jobs. Jobs for professors, deans, administrators, alumni. And not bullshit jobs like teachers and accountants, but high status jobs at high class places. However, to provide the jobs, you need money. And people just won’t give you money to be the dean of who knows what. You need to be educating students. But the students are all whiny and bitchy and suck up so much of my time. Shit, have you spent any time with college students? Arrogant, rude, over indulged. General bastards.

Thus enters: Beer and Circus. Keeps ‘em happy. Keeps ‘em quiet. Keeps them the hell away from me. The added benefit is publicity to my school. Yeah, I would rather everyone know that I am the dean of who knows what at Harvard, but we can’t all have that job. And hey, there is nothing worse than being at a cocktail party and saying, “I’m a dean at Swarthmore.” and having some fuck-wad attorney ask, “Where is that again?”

Thank you ESPN for showing all three articles right there on today's front page that college administrators today are going to stand strong to support their sports programs. There will be no caving to stupid laws, regulations, or common decency. Winning teams come first. Because without sports, what would college be?

Amen brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home